You are my son, but I'm not your father. Who says that ?
Divide 30 by 1/2 and add ten. What do you get ?
A farmer has 17 sheep, all but 9 die. How many are left ?
A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear ?
A women gives a beggar 50 cents; the women is the beggar's sister, but the beggar is not the woman's brother. How come ?
How many outs are there in an inning ?
Is it legal for a man in Russia to marry his widow's sister ?
Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have ?
Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many have 28 ?
Why can't a man living in the USA be buried in Canada ?
If you had only one match and entered a cold and dark room, where there was an oil burner, a kerosene lamp and a candle, which would you light first ?
What was the US President's name in 1960 ?
How many birthdays does the average man have ?
If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken ?
Two men play seven games of checkers. Each man wins the same number of games. There are no ties. Explain this.
How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark ?
Do they have a 4th of July in England ?
How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen ?
I have two US coins totaling 55 cents. One is not a nickel. What are the coins ?
I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm ?
2 + 2 x 2 =... What do you get ?
How far can a dog run into the woods ?
A clerk in the butcher shop is 5' 10'' tall. What does he weigh ?
What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane ?
The Barbara's father has five daughters: Lala, Lele, Lolo, Lulu and ... What is the name of the fifth daughter ?
Where are Chinese gooseberries from ?
In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution ?
Which country makes Panama hats ?
What is a camel's hair brush made of ?
If you drove a bus with 40 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 5 more people and drop off 7 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 6 passengers and pick up 7 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 10 hours later, what's the name of the driver ?
How long did the Hundred Years War last ?
What colour is a purple finch ?
The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal ?
From which animal do we get catgut ?
What was King George VI first name ?
How long did the Thirty Years War last ?
A man, looking at a painting, says to himself: "Brothers and sons I have none, but that person's father is my father's son." Who was the person in the picture ?
An archaeologist claimed he found some coins of gold dated to 49 B.C. Do you think he did ?
Is it possible for one's grandmother to be younger than one's mother ?
Why won't an Eskimo, even if he or she is starving attempt to catch and eat a penguin ?
What four words appear on every denomination of U. S. coins ?
At a secret family meeting, everyone shakes hands exactly once with every other person present. If there was a total of 28 handshakes, how big was the family ?
Does a night watchman, who dies during the day, get his pension ?
What is the exact opposite of "not in" ?
A man bought a painting for $700, sold it for $800, bought it back again for $900, and sold it again for $1000. How much profit did he make ?
What is the minimum number of active players "on the field" during any part of any inning in a game of American Baseball ?
If an electric train is going south and the wind is blowing north, what direction is the smoke going ?
Can you continue the following sequence of letters: OTTFFSSEN... ?
A farmer leaves his chickens out when he goes to town. A big wind comes along blowing chicken feathers off in all directions. Which side loses the most feathers ?
If sneakers are used in tennis, cleats in football and spikes in baseball, in what sport does every contestant wear metal shoes ?
How much dirt can be removed from a hole which is 4 feet deep, 5 feet wide and 6 feet long?
If it takes 4 people 4 days to dig a hole, how long does it take 2 people to dig a half-hole ?
Three man ate in a restaurant and the check came to $25. Each man gave the waiter $10 and told him to keep $2 out of the change as a tip. The waiter returned with $3 and each man took $1. So each man had paid $9 making a total of 27, and the waiter got $2, what happened to the other $1 ?
Is it possible to move a knight ( horse ) on a chessboard from the lower left corner ( a1 ) to the upper right corner ( h8 ) and visit every square on the board once ?
How many squares are on a chessboard ?
A plane crashes on the Canadian - US border. In which country do you bury the survivors ?
What is one thing that all wise men, regardless of their religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth ?
How many 9's are in the range of numbers from 1 to 100 ?
You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position do you finish ?
If you overtake the last person, then you arrive... ?
Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfather led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brilliant maneuvers, he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription "To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership. World War I. From the Men of Battalion 6." Captain Frank looked at Art and said, "You really don't expect anyone to believe thet yarn, do you?" What's wrong with the story ?
The Smith family has a mother, father and 4 daughters. Each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the family ?
There's one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it ?
Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white" or "The yolk of the egg is white" ?
What is your name? Write it down --->.
How could you rearrange the letters in the words "new door" to make one word ?
If there was a rooster on a top af a roof and it laid an egg, which way would the egg roll ?
You are lost in a forest. The forest is between two villages. In village A live only liars, they always lie. In village B people always tell the truth. You want to go to village B. Then you see a man from village A or B. You can ask him only one question. Which question will you ask him to know for sure where village B is ?
In Oklahoma you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not ?
A woman had two daughters who were born on the same hour of the same day on the same year. But they were not twins. How could this be so ?
What occurs once in every two minutes, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years ?
The maker doesn't want it, the buyer doesn't use it, and the user doesn't see it. What is it ?
If it take 5 minutes to dry a t-shirt on a clothes wire, how long would it take to dry 5 t-shirts ?
A person lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every day he takes the elevator to go down to the ground floor to go out. When he returns he takes the elevator to the seventh floor and walks up the stairs to reach his apartment on the tenth floor. Only on rainy days does he take the elevator to the tenth floor. He hates the stairs, so why does he do it ?
A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. The child is not a United States citizen. How is this possible ?
One day Terry celebrated his birthday. Two days later his older twin sister, Kerry, celebrated her birthday. How could this be ?
One word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly. What is it ?
There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the International Home Show. One of them was the father of the other's son. How could this be possible ?
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't hit anything, there is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it ?
A man went to a party and drank some of the punch. He then left early. Everyone else at the party who drank the same punch were poisoned and became very sick. Why did the man not get sick ?
What is the closest relation that your father's sister's sister-in-law could be to you ?
Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth ?
A man was found murdered on Sunday. His wife immediately called the police. The police questioned the wife and staff and got these alibis: The wife said she was sleeping. The cook was cooking breakfast. The gardener was picking vegetables. The maid was getting the mail. The butler was cleaning the closet. The police instantly arrested the murderer. Who did it and how did they know ?
What 5 letter word becomes shorter when you add 2 lettes to it ?
Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills ?
Can you work with the following letters to spell a 10-letter English word: TTNUMNEROA ?
An ice cream cone cost a dollar more than a peppermint. Together they cost $1.10. How much did each of them cost ?
A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn't break the law. How come ?
A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died, and she never divorced. How was this possible ?
A man who wanted a drink walked into a bar. Before he could say a word, he fell unconscious. Why ?
IT is more good than G-d, IT is more evil than the devil, the poor have IT, the rich want IT, and if you eat IT you will die. What is IT ?
Tom was born on December 25th, yet his birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible ?
Two students are sitting on opposite sides of the same desk. There is nothing in between them but the desk. Why can't they see each other ?
In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year ?
What is the one thing shared by all three items in the group: a cow, a shoe, a baby ?
A little girl tells you, "Hey I was seven years old two days ago, but I'll be ten next year." How is this possible ?
This is a most unusual paragraph-and so is its companion paragraph that follows. This writing may annoy you until you find out why it is so unusual, for you won't find a solution instantly. But don't go into a tailspin about it, for it isn't that difficult. But you will admit that it is most unusual. This writing looks so ordinary that you might think that nothing is wrong with it. And, in fact, nothing is wrong with it. But it is unusual, and you must ask why. If you study and think about it, you may find out why, but you must do it without any coaching of any kind. No doubt if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you...who knows? So start to study it now, and try your skill at finding out what is so unusual about this writing. If you can do it in half an hour, you may claim an approach to wisdom, but if you can't do it in half an hour...find our solution.
As a rule, how long will a so called "EIGHT DAY CLOCK" run without winding ?
What is the significance of the following: The year is 1978,
thirty-four minutes past noon on May 6th ?
Who is buried in Grant's tomb ?
What did the beach say when the tide came in ?
One day a man decides to buy a talking parrot. So he goes to a pet store. The owner tells the man he has one bird left, and that the bird will repeat any word it hears. So the man buys the bird and takes it home and starts talking to it. But the bird never repeats a word. Whats wrong ?
Which is heavier, milk or cream ?
What two letters that begin this eight letter word are the same as the last two letters....and in the same order, the four middle letters are ADAC ?
Frank was bragging about his church's baseball team. He said, "Three of our four players hit homeruns and two of those homeruns were hit with the bases loaded. Our guys won 9 to 0 and not a single man crossed home plate." How is this possible ?
What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward ?
A rope ladder hangs over the side of a ship. The rungs are one foot apart and the ladder is 12 feet long. The tide is rising at four inches an hour. How long will it take before the first four rungs of the ladder are underwater ?
On my way to St Ives, I met a man with seven wives, the seven wives held seven sacks the seven sacks held seven cats, all in all, how many wives, sacks and cats were going to St Ives ?
Three fathers and three sons shot three rabbits, and each took one rabbit home. How is this possible ?
Sam also has a potato plant that is growing near the edge of his property. Joe says he wants to pick any potato he sees growing over his fence. Can Joe pick the potato ?
A man gave one son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it ?
How many dead people are buried in the cemetery ?
If there is a red house to the north, a yellow house to the south, a green house to the east, where is the white house ?
A man needs to hire miners but has no money to pay them. He may only pay with bars of gold. Focus on one miner who works 7 days and the forman is given one bar of gold to pay the miner with. You may only divide the bar of gold twice. And the miner needs to be payed after each day of work. Your bar of gold is the size of a brick. How will this be done ?
Rearrange the following letters so as to make the name of a living creature: BRINO
What is the only U.S. state that shares no letters in common with its own capital? For instance New York. Capital is Albany. Shares the letters Y and N; California. Capital Sacramento, shares A,C,O,N. ?
What do the following letters make when they are unscrambled L E L E I N S O V S ?
Which word does not belong in the following group? (A) Knife (B) Swan (C) Smile (D) Feather (E) Lovely (F) Thought ?
If an airplane travels at an average rate of 500 miles per hour, how long will it take to complete 20 trips, of which five are for 1000 miles, five for 1500 miles, five for 2000 miles, and five for 3000 miles ?
If Farmer John had three white pigs, four brown pigs, one black pig, and ten spotted pigs, how many pigs could say that they are the same color as another ?
Why did the man sleep in the fireplace ?
Is half of two plus two equal to two or three ?
What color was George Washington's white horse ?
A man takes a barrel that weighs 50 pounds, and then puts something in it. It now weighs less than 50 pounds. What did he put in it ?
Joe was out for a walk and it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen ?
What shoes should you wear when your basement is flooded ?
Where is the ocean the deepest ?
If everything in a one story house is purple, what color are the stairs ?
Two men were playing tennis. They played five sets and each man won three sets. How did they do this ?
Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet, that begin with the letter "s".
According to most state laws, the attempt to commit a certain crime is punishable, but actually committing the crime is not. What is the crime ?
If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it ?
What did the chocolate bar say to the lollipop ?
What can go up a chimney down, but can't go down a chimney up ?
One morning as Paul was getting his newspaper, he noticed on his new house something that needed to be fixed. Heading over to the hardware store, he spoke to the manager, describing his problem. The manager said, "I know just what you need". He led Paul down some aisles and stopped in front of some bins. Digging down into some of the bins, he set something up on the shelf. "I saw your house when it was built", the manager said. "Here's all that you'll need and how much it'll cost... five will be 15 cents while fifty will be 30 cents, 250 will be 45 cents, while 2507 will only cost you 60 cents. One lady, about 20 blocks from your house, bought 30247 and only paid 75 cents! These are black, but they also come in gold and silver." What was the manager selling ?
If a farmer has 5 haystacks in one field and 4 haystacks in the other field, how many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in the center field ?
Twelve pears hanging high, 12 men passing by. Each took a pear and left eleven hanging here. How can this be ?
Your mother's brother's only brother-in-law is asleep on your couch. Who is asleep on your couch ?
What runs but cannot walk ?
What did the sock say to the foot ?
What runs around a house but doesn't move ?
If one child has 3 1/3 sand piles and another has 1 2/3, and you combine them, how many sand piles do you have ?
One day after dinner, my uncle sat me down and began to tell me a tall tale. It seemed that there was once a minister who often fell asleep during Sunday services. One such Sunday, he nodded off and dreamt that he was in the middle of the French Revolution. In this dream he was one of the revolutionaries awaiting execution. His head was placed in the guillotine, and the blade was dropped. But just as it was about to hit, the minister's wife, noticing that he was asleep, stuck him in the back of the neck with a sewing needle to awaken him. The minister was so startled by this, he jolted awake and promptly died of a heart attack. So I ask you, was my uncle telling me the truth, or was he lying ?
There once was a race horse
That won great fame
Was the horse's name.
The 22nd and the 24th US president were born from the same father and the same mother. But they were not brothers. How come ?
Where is the best place to see a man-eating fish ?
A man rode into town on Friday. He stayed for three nights and then left on Friday. How come ?
A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says "Thank you" and walks out. Why ?
Find the number that logically completes the following series: 2, 3, 5, 9, 17,
What came first, the chicken or the egg ?
Mr & Mrs Smith have 5 children. Of these five, half are boys. How is this possible ?
Where does New York border on North Carolina ?
There is a room. The shutters are blowing in. There is broken glass on the floor. There is water on the floor. You find Sloppy dead on the floor. How did Sloppy die ?
What is the beginning of eternity. The end of time and space. The beginning of every end. And the end of every place ?
There was an airplane crash, every single person died, but two people survived. How is this possible ?
Which is heavier: a pound of gold or a pound of feathers ?
Imagine a duck in a glass bottle. The neck of the bottle is too small to allow the duck through. The bottle is perfectly formed and has no trick bottoms or other openings. How do you get the duck out of the bottle without damaging either the duck or the bottle ?
What is it that goes up and goes down but does not move ?
Tom is 20 years old in 1980, but only 15 years old in 1985. How is this possible ?
What has four legs but only one foot ?
What do you call a person who doesn't have all of his/her fingers on one hand ?
When travelling from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean on the Panama Canal, does one travel east or west ?
A man died and went to Heaven. There were thousands of other people there. They were all naked and all looked as they did at the age of 21. He looked around to see if there was anyone he recognised. He saw a couple and he knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How did he know ?
A man was walking downstairs in a building when he suddenly realized that his wife had just died. How ?
Deep in the forest was found the body of a man who was wearing only swimming trunks, snorkel and facemask. The nearest lake was 8 miles away and the sea was 100 miles away. How had he died ?
What number comes next in this series: 9, 16, 25, 36 ?
Complete this analogy with a seven letter word ending with the letter T. Potential is to actual as future is to ------T.
Complete this analogy with a five letter word ending with the letter H. High is to low as sky is to ----H.
What dries as it gets wet ?
What is black and white, and black and white, and black and white, and black and white, and black and blue ?
Why did the man bring a saddle to bed with him ?
What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night ?
What is open when it is closed, and closed when it is open ?
The more you take away from it the bigger it gets. What is it ?
A man and his girlfriend was at a theater watching a scary movie. At the most climatic moment of the film when everyone screamed the man pulled out a butcher knife and brutally stabbed his girlfriend to death and left her a bloody mess. When the Film was over the man and his dead girlfriend were not the first to leave nor the last, however no one noticed that the girl was stabbed to death. How is this possible ?
There's a man who has three kids. The first kids name is Don. The second kids name is Juan. What is the third kids name.
If you have it you want to share it. If you share it you wont to have it. What is it ?
You have 10 trees you need to make 5 rows of 4. How do you do it ?
If you spell "sit all day in the tub" S-O-A-K, and you spell "a funny story" J-O-K-E, how do you spell "the white of an egg" ?
In a large western city, 75% of the phone numbers are listed, 25% of the phone numbers are businesses, and 25% of the phone numbers start with the numeral "2". If you were to take a random sample of 1000 phone numbers from the city's phone book, how many numbers would you expect to be unlisted, non-business phone numbers that start with a numeral other than "2" ?
If water going down the drain/toilet goes counter-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere and clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere, in which direction would a toilet go on the equator ?
There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains eight words without rearranging any of its' letters. What is it ?
A masked man is attacked by a gang of men who shoot at him, then quickly flee. The masked man survives, but the gang returns again and again, then finally quit. The masked man moves to a new location, but the gang attacks him there and he ultimately moves back to his original location. The next night, he is attacked by a different gang. What is the masked man's profession and who is attacking him ?
A steady stream of people enter the place where Tom works and remove its belongings. The people do not pay for what they take, Tom allows them to take as much as they can carry as long as they keep their mouths shut. What type of business employs Tom and what are the people taking ?
A black dog stand in the middle of an intersection in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a local storm. A car with two broken headlights is heading right for the dog but turns at the last minute to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time ?
Farmer Black came to town with some watermelons. He sold half of them plus half a melon, and found that he had one whole melon left. How many melons did he take to town ?
A man who was not wearing a parachute jumped out of a plane. He landed on hard ground yet was unhurt. Why ?
This was invented by the Chinese in 1580, but, it took another 100 years before making it too the United States. What ?
Where can you find roads without cars, forests without trees, and cities without houses ?
Pizza Hut spends more on this one item than on the entire rest of the pizza. What ?
Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables ?
Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw". They are all common. Name two of them.
There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them ?
At noon and midnight the hour and minute hands are exactly coincident with each other. How many other times between noon and midnight do the hour and minute hands cross ?
How can you arrange for two people to stand on the same piece of newspaper and yet be unable to touch each other without stepping off the newspaper ?
If the Vice-President of the United States should die, who would be President ?
Find the English word that can be formed from all these letters: PNLLEEEESSSSS.
If you are standing on a hard floor, how can you drop an egg three feet without breaking the egg ?
In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle ?
Not far from Madrid, there is a large wooden barn. The barn is completely empty except for a dead man hanging from the middle of the central rafter. The rope around his neck is ten feet long and his feet are three feet off the ground. The nearest wall is 20 feet away from the man. It is not possible to climb up the walls or along the rafters. The man hanged himself. How did he do it ?
A man is lying dead in a field. Next to him there is an unopened package. There is no other creature in the field. How did he die ?
Anthony and Cleopatra are lying dead on the floor of a villa in Egypt. Nearby is a broken bowl. There is no mark on either of their bodies and they were not poisoned. How did they die ?
A man is found dead in a field. He is clutching a broken match. What happened ?
A ship is twice as old as its boiler was when the ship was as old as the boiler is. The sum of their ages is 49. How old is the ship? How old is the boiler ?
There is a guy that dies by getting shot in the back of the head in his car. Everyone is wondering how he got shot in the back of the head. The car is in park. there are no bullet holes in or on the car. All the doors are shut and locked. All the windows are up. The trunk is closed and locked and so is the hood. They know for a fact that the shooter was not in the car at anytime. The gun that was used is over 50' away from the car. How did the guy get shot in the back of the head ?
Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on the lawn. Nobody put them on the lawn but there is a perfectly logical reason why they should be there. What is it ?
A man pushed his car. He stopped when he reached a hotel at which point he knew he was bankrupt. Why ?
Why is it better to have round manhole covers than square ones ?
If A x B = 2, C x D = 12, B x D = 3, and B x C = 4, what does A x B x C x D equal ?
John walks into a room. Mary is crying over Bob who lies dead in a puddle of water. What happened ?
Five men are found dead in a cabin in the woods. Why ?
What is the only sport in which the ball is always in the possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball ?
Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers" ?
It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it ?
Picture two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrell, without adding the jugs or any devider to the barrel, and still be able to tell which water came from which barrel ?
Four couples are going to the movies. Each row holds eight seats. Betty and Jim don't want to sit next to Alice and Tom, and Alice and Tom don't want to sit next to Gertrude and Bill. On the other hand, Sally and Bob don't want to sit next to Betty and Jim. How can the couples arrange themselves so that they all sit where they would like ?
Where is the only place where the U.S. Flag is flown at full staff, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year without ever being raised/lowered, or saluted ?
If a billion comes after a million, and a trillion comes after a billion, what number follows a trillion ?
What fruit has its seeds on the outside ?
There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls - a walk - is one way. Name the other six.
This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face. What is it ?
What has at least 100 holes but you could still fill with water ?
Long neck and no hands, 100 legs yet I can not stand. Born of forest nest. Against a wall I rest. What am I ?
What can you put in a barrel, that can be seen by a human eye, that will make the barrel lighter ?
What is the difference between Illegal and Unlawful ?
How many bricks does it take to complete a building made entirely of bricks ?
What do you sit on, sleep on, and brush your teeth with ?
In the Massacre of the Innocents under Herod, a number of poor little children were buried in the sand with only their feet sticking out. How might you distinguish the boys from the girls ?
How many cookies can you eat on an empty stomach ?
What did Washington become after his 10th year ?
Which is more valuable - one pound of $10 gold coins or half a pound of $20 gold coins ?
A street that is 30 yards long has a tree every 6 yards on both sides. How many total trees on the entire street ?
What goes up and never comes down ?
What is the difference between a stupid person's ears ?
Why is the longest human nose on record only 11 inches long ?
What is a kitten after it is 7 months old ?
Can giraffes have babies ?
What clothing does a house wear ?
What kind of soda must you not drink ?
If yesterday had been Wednesday's tomorrow and tomorrow is Sunday's yesterday, what day would today be ?
Berlin starts with a B and ends with an E. Explain.
How can you say rabbit without the letter R ?
You are on the edge of a ravine 100kms down, 100kms across and 100kms back up again. You have to get across. You have nothing but all the rope in the world. It is too far to throw it across,and too high to throw it back up if you climbed down. How do you get across ?
Which is greener a stop light or a 7-up bottle ?
If you look at the numbers on my face, you won't find thirteen anyplace. What am I ?
If a herring and a half costs a penny and a half, what does a boatload come to ?
When does the number 14 fell between 9 and 11 ?
Where is the only place in the world, where Friday comes before Thursday ?
You are seated next to the pilot of a small plane at an altitude of one mile. Huge mountains loom directly ahead. The pilot does not change speed, direction, or elevation, yet you survive. How ?
You are in a room, and there is no windows and doors, the roof is made of an indistructible metal, as well as the floor, and the surrounding walls. If all you have with you is a mirror and a table, how do you get out ?
We are two mighty Brothers, We follow hand in hand, One is seen but not heard, One is heard but not seen, What are we ?
What familiar word starts with IS, ends with AND, and has LA in the middle ?
If a duck came floating down the Mekong River, where would it have come from ?
Compute: 3 + 5 times 4 + 1
Two brothers go into a bar and order identical drinks. One orders a second drink and lives, the other doesn't and dies. Why ?
A man travels to twenty countries and stays in each country for a month. During this time he never sees the light of day. Why ?
How many legs does an elephant have if you count his trunk as a leg ?
A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home there were two masked men. Who were they ?
What is the maximum number of times a normal sheet of (news)paper can be folded in half by hand ?
What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third letter is removed ?
A man is found dead among 53 bicycles. How come ?
A man calls to a waiter in a restaurant, "There's a fly in my tea". "I will bring you a fresh cup of tea", said the waiter. After a few moments, the man called out "This is the same cup of tea!" How did he know ?
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat ?
At a recent visit to the reptile house at the local zoo, I counted a total of 27 heads and 70 feet. I was counting snakes, lizards, and people. I know that there were exactly twice as many lizards as people. How many snakes did I count ?
When this book came out it was read only by a handful of very rich people. Now almost everyone has a copy and reads it frequently. But you cannot buy it in a bookstore or borrow it from a library. What is it ?
If two peacocks lay two eggs in two days, how many eggs can one peacock lay in four days ?
Four cars come to a four way stop, all coming from a different direction. They can't decide who got there first, so they all go forward at the same time. They do not crash into each other, but all four cars go. How is this possible ?
While Mary was making coffee, her earring fell into the cup. Even though the cup was full of coffee, the earring didn't get wet. How is this possible ?
What is the opposite of the statement: "I am not leaving." ?
What has 4 eyes but can't see ?
What can you always find in the middle of a taxicab ?
If a farmer met a farmer in a farmer's field, how many F's are in that ?
An ordinary American citizen, with a clean police record, but no passport managed to visit over thirty foreign countries. He was welcomed in each country, and left each one of his own accord. How come ?
Seven is an odd number. How can it be made even ?
King Henry VIII is lying at the bottom of the stairs with a gash across his face. Why ?
A couple from New York went on a vacation in Switzerland for some skiing. While there, the wife died in an avalanche. The husband came home and put an obituary in the newspaper which claimed that his wife died in a skiing accident. Someone else knew otherwise! Why ?
3 men went diving into a river, only 2 men got their hair wet. Why only 2 ?
A man carrying an attache case full of $20 bills falls on the way to the bank and is never seen again. Why ?
How does a king open a door ?
What can a man do standing up, a woman do sitting down, and a dog do on three legs ?
i.q. test for kids : difficult iqtest : iq test english : difficult iq test questions : all iq tests with 50 questions : iq quizzes : i q test : i q test for kids : difficult iq : difficult english test : iq color of the bear : difficult english tests : iq tests for children : i q test questions : 5-9 year old free iq test : difficult iqs : i.q. test questions : iq test for kids that does not cost anything : iq questions : free iq test : kid iq test : difficult iq test free : iq tests children : free iq test for 6 year old children : what eleven letter word to smart people always spell incorrectly : if you build a house with all four sides facing south what color bear : iq tests for kids aged 8-9 : activities to boost children's iq test scores : iq test sister cities : if an electric train is travelling in direction : practice iq test for kids : iq tests for kids 12 and under : if you are in a room where all walls point south what color is a bear : free iq tests for kids under 13 : english tests for 10 year old : iqtest : iq test letter or word question : iq test uk : english language test for kids : iq test in english grammar : iq questions what color is the bear : iq test at no cost
56. The survivors would probably rather wait until they die to be buried!
57. The word "and".
59. You arrive second! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you arrive second!
60. You can't overtake the LAST person!
61. World War I wasn't called "World War I" until World War II.
64. Neither. The yolk of the egg is yellow.
65. You must write down the word "it".
66. "one word".
67. It wouldn't roll... Roosters can't lay eggs!
68. Ask the man which city he lives in. He will always point to village B.
69. You have to take a picture of a man with a camera, not with a wooden leg.
70. They were two of a set of triplets.
71. The letter M.
72. A coffin.
73. 5 minutes.
74. He is a young man who cannot yet reach higher than the button of the 7th floor. But on rainy days, he can use his umbrella!
75. The child was born before 1776.
76. Although she was his "twin" sister, she could have been the twin of another sibling.
78. They were husband and wife.
79. Throw the ball straight up in the air.
80. He could have poisoned the punch after drinking some of it.
81. Your mother.
82. Mount Everest ( it just hadn't been discovered ).
83. It was the maid. She said she was getting the mail. There is no mail on Sunday!
84. The word "short".
85. One thousand nine hundred and ninety dollar bills are worth one dollar more than one thousand nine hundred and eighty-nine dollar bills.
87. The ice cream cost $1.05 and the peppermint cost 5 cents.
88. She was walking.
89. The lady was a Justice of the Peace.
90. Because he walked into a bar!
92. Tom lives in the southern hemisphere.
93. The two students have their backs to each other.
94. They fall in the same year every year. New Year's Day just arrives very early in the year and Christmas arrives very late in the same year.
95. A tongue.
96. She is talking to you on New Year's Day and her birthday is December 31. Two days ago (12/30) she was 7. She turned 8 on 12/31. She'll turn 9 on 12/31 of this year, and 10 next year.
97. There is no use of the letter "e".
98. If the clock isn't wound it won't run at all.
99. The time and month/date/year are 12:34, 5/6/78.
100. General Grant.
101. Long time no sea.
102. The bird is deaf and therefore cannot repeat words that it does not hear.
103. Milk - cream comes to the surface.
105. They were all married.
106. Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about 2 and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.
107. Actually, the ladder will rise with the ship!
109. All the sons are fathers themselves.
110. Potatoes grow underground.
111. 1:45. The man gave away a total of 25 cents. He divided it between two people. Therefore, he gave a quarter to two.
112. All of them.
113. Washington D.C.
114. Mark 7 equal parts on the bar, cut off 1/7 and another 2/7, leaving a third peace of 4/7. give 1, on second day give 2 and get back 1,etc.
116. South Dakota. Capitol is Pierre.
118. (E) The other words are all nouns.
119. Three days, 3 hours.
120. None, pigs can't talk!.
121. He wanted to sleep like a log.
124. He put a hole in it.
125. Joe is bald.
127. On the bottom.
128. The are no stairs in a one-story house.
129. Two men were partners playing doubles.
130. Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, snowshoes, stockings, and so on.
132. Nine PM.
133. Hello, sucker!
134. An umbrella.
135. House numbers. Each digit costs 15 cents.
136. One big stack.
137. Each was the name of one of the man passing by.
138. Your father.
140. You are putting me on!
141. A fence.
142. 1 sand pile.
143. He was lying. How could the unkle know what the minister was dreaming if he died promptly when awaken?
144. The poem doesn't ask a question. The horses name was What-do-you-think.
145. The 22nd and the 24th president were the same man (Gover Cleveland).
146. In a seafood restaurant.
147. The man's horse was called Friday.
148. The man had hiccups. The barman recognized this from his speech and drew the gun in order to give him a shock. It worked and cured the hiccups - so the man no longer needed the water.
149. 33. (The difference between the two numbers is progressively multiplied by 2 and added to the next number).
150. Dinosaurs laid eggs long before there were chickens!
151. All of them are boys. Then half of them must be boys, too.
152. In an alphabetical listing of US states.
153. Sloppy is a goldfish. The wind blew the shutters in, which knocked his goldfish-bowl off the table, and it broke, killing him.
154. The letter E.
155. They were married.
156. Feathers: gold is measured in 12 ounce Troy pounds, feathers are measured in 16 ounce Avoirdupois pounds.
157. You just imagined the duck in the bottle, just imagine the duck out of the bottle.
158. The temperature.
159. The years are in B.C., not A.D. as you probably assumed.
160. A bed.
161. An able-bodied person, i.e. not an invalid. It is pretty normal not to have ALL your fingers on ONE hand.
163. He recognized Adam and Eve as the only people without navels.
164. The man had visited his wife in hospital. She was on a life-support machine. As he was walking down the stairs all the lights went out. There had been a power cut and the emergency back-up systems had failed. He knew that she had died.
165. During a forest fire, a fire-fighting plane had scooped up some water from the lake to drop on the fire. The plane had accidentally picked up the unfortunate swimmer.
166. 49 (9 is 3 squared, 16 is 4 squared, 25 is 5 squared, and so on).
169. A towel.
170. A nun falling down the stairs.
171. He wanted to ride his nightmare.
172. A man.
173. A drawbridge.
174. A hole.
175. They were in a movie. The audience left first and the manager left last.
176. The third kids name is WHAT. It was not a question, it was a statement.
177. A secret.
178. Draw a star and put a tree at each intersection of the lines.
179. A-L-B-U-M-E-N or E-G-G-W-H-I-T-E.
180. 0%. The phone book wouldn't contain unlisted numbers!
181. Nowhere. Most toilets I've seen just kind of stand in place.
182. Therein. (The, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere).
183. The masked man is a hocky goalie and the other team is trying to score.
184. Tom works for a library, the people are taking books.
185. It was daylight.
186. He took 3 melons to town.
187. The plane was parked on the runway.
188. Toilet paper.
189. A map.
190. The box it comes in.
191. Asparagus and rhubarb.
192. Dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.
193. Period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
194. Ten times.
195. Slide the newspaper half way under a closed door and ask the two people to stand on the bit of newspaper on their side of the door.
196. The President.
198. Hold the egg more than three feet above the ground when you drop it.
199. The pear grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the whole growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.
200. He climbed on a block of ice which has since melted.
201. The man had jumped from a plane but his parachute had failed to open. It is the unopened package.
202. Anthony and Cleopatra were goldfish whose bowl was knocked over by a
203. He and a number of other passengers were making a balloon trip in a desperate attempt to flee a country. The balloon had to lose weight to stop it from crashing. He drew the short match and had to jump.
204. Ship is 28. Boiler is 21.
205. The car was a convertable.
206. They were used by children who made a snowman. The snow has now melted.
207. He was playing Monopoly.
208. A square manhole cover can be turned and dropped down the diagonal of the manhole. A round manhole cannot be dropped down the manhole. So for safety and practicality, all manhole covers should be round.
209. 24 (You don't have to determine the values of A, B, C, and D. Just multiply 2 x 12).
210. John is Marys father and Bob was Marys gold fish whose fish bowl was knocked over by the cat.
211. It is an AIRPLANE cabin and they were in a plane crash.
213. In Minnesota. The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers, and kept the name when they moved west.
215. Freeze the water in one or both of the jugs, then cut the plastic away from ice.
216. Alice & Tom, Sally & Bob, Gertrude & Bill, Betty & Jim.
217. The Moon.
218. A trillion and one.
220. Batter hit by a pitch; passed ball; catcher interference; catcher drops third strike; fielder's choice; and being designated as a pinch runner.
221. A clock.
222. A sponge.
223. A broom.
224. A hole.
225. Unlawful means contrary to the law, Illegal is a large sick bird.
226. Only one. The final brick completes the building.
227. A chair, a bed, and a toothbrush.
228. Only the boys were actually buried. Herod would only have killed boys, because he wanted to kill Jesus, the future king of Israel.
229. Only one.
230. He became eleven.
231. The pound of $10 coins has twice the amount of gold than the $20 coins.
232. 12 (six per side).
233. Your age.
235. Because if it were twelve inches, it would be a foot.
236. Eight month old.
237. No, they only have giraffes!
239. Baking soda.
241. Yes, Berlin begins with B and the word ENDS begins with an E.
243. If you have all the rope in the world, throw it all down into the ravine and walk across.
244. Stop lights are red.
245. A clock.
246. A dock.
247. On a dart board.
248. The dictionary.
249. The plane is sitting on the runway.
250. What you saw in the mirror you take. Then with the saw, you cut the table in half. Two halves equals one whole, and so just crawl out the hole.
251. Lighting and Thunder.
253. From a duck's egg.
255. The ice cubes in the first round of drinks were poisoned. The brother who drinks two drinks finishes the first before the ice cubes have a chance to melt. The other brother takes his time drinking and the melted ice cubes poison him.
256. The man is an ancient mummy on tour to different museums throughout the world.
257. Four, because calling a trunk a leg does not make it a leg!
258. The catcher and umpire.
259. Once, because after that you are folding it into quarters, then eights, etc.
261. The man was caught cheating playing poker. He had an extra card up his sleeve. The bicycles are the type of playing card.
262. The man had already sugared his tea before sending it back.
263. An ear of corn.
264. 6 snakes, 7 people, and 14 lizards.
265. The phone book.
266. Peacocks can't lay eggs!
267. They all made right-hand turns!
268. The cup had dry instant coffee in it.
269. I am going.
271. The letter I.
272. None...There are no F's in the word "THAT".
273. He was a mail courier who delivered packages to the different foreign embassies in the United States. The land of an embassy belongs to the country of the embassy, not the United States.
274. Take away the "s".
275. It is a portrait of Henry VIII.
276. The man had booked one round-trip airline ticket, and one one-way ticket with the travel agent. He knew in advance that he would be returning alone.
277. The third guy is bald, so he has no hair to get wet..
278. The man falls off the river bank and drowns.
279. With a monarch-y.
280. Shake hands.
SCORING GUIDE :
240 Correct = GENIUS
180 Correct = ABOVE NORMAL
120 Correct = NORMAL
80 Correct = NINCOMPOOP
40 Correct = MORON
20 Correct = OFFICIAL IDIOT